Cherwell College has proven itself as a good school following the recent Ofsted inspection in September 2017.
Key findings were that:
- 'Senior leaders are determined and ambitious.'
- 'The curriculum is broad and balanced'
- Cherwell 'promotes pupils' understanding of British values through theatre and museum trips'
- 'Pupils feel safe and understand how to keep safe.'
- 'One-to-one teaching supports pupils' engagement and learning.'
- 'Pupils are well behaved and courteous.'
- 'The provision of careers education and guidance is very strong.'
- Students 'go on to highly regarded universities, including Oxford University.'
Welfare & Boarding Inspection
We are delighted to have received a 'Good' rating from Ofsted in March 2018 for our boarding provision.
Key findings include:
- Senior Management are on hand for support, advice and guidance.
- Residential students "enjoy their boarding experience", forming friendships with peers from all over the world.
- Staff have "high expectations of behaviour".
- "Residential students make good progress, with the vast majority going on to their first choice of university."
- "Staff treat all residential students with dignity and respect."
You can read the full report here.
|Ofsted Report - Academic - September 2017||Ofsted Report - Boarding/Welfare - March 2018|